Registration for our next Business Intelligence and Data Analytics user group meeting is now open!
When – Monday 13th June starting at 6:30pm
Where – Blake Morgan, Tollgate, Chandlers Ford, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO53 3LG
Register here – https://www.eventbrite.com/e/bi-and-data-analytics-user-group-south-uk-meeting-tickets-25735946910
Keiran Wood – Microsoft Certified Business Intelligence Technical Specialist
Comparing and Contrasting Different Methods of Querying data in a Tabular Format within the Microsoft Business Intelligence stack including Power BI, Excel 2016 and SSRS 2016
This presentation is split into sections as follows; –
- Gauge the Experience and Aspirations of the Attendees
- Overview of the Microsoft Business Intelligence Architecture and Data Life Cycle
- Why Tabular Reporting is Important
- Introduction to the Different Tabular Querying Methods
- Criteria for Assessing Different Tabular Querying Methods
- Custom and Built in Tabular Reporting Components within Power BI
- Pivot Table Excel Query Method
- DAX Excel Query Method
- Cube Values / Members
- Tabular Reporting within SSRS 2016
- Comparing the different Tabular Querying Methods
- Conclusions 12.
- Resources and Finish
- N.B. You will be given an opportunity to ask any questions at the end of a particular section to allow this presentation to be structured.
Adrian O’Brien – ADO Management Consulting Ltd
Introduction to Data Governance
My presentation demonstrates how to align to a business focused view of data governance. It will take into account the importance of organisational structure and culture. I will also discuss benefits that emerge when a company defines its own definition of the value of data governance and builds its data principles on the organisation’s business strategy. The presentation gives real world examples of how business decisions influence our approach to data governance and I hope it stimulates and challenges your thoughts on how data is managed and governed within your organisation.
Event Sponsor – We are very happy to announce that this months sponsors are Randstad Technologies who have kindly agreed to supply the half time pizzas. There was also mention of doughnuts so if you are anything like me then this truly is a must attend event!
With experience of working across various industries, Randstad Technologies, provide fantastic career opportunities for IT, technology and digital professionals.
Having 40 years’ experience in placing skilled IT professionals, from entry level graduates to senior IT consultants, we provide world-class professionals with more than just technical competence.